Dear Mothers who are Single, Ready & Waiting,
These simple but powerful declarations can change your life.
Read them out loud when you have some free time.
1. Having children does not disqualify me from meeting and marrying the man of my dreams.
2. Because I love myself and my children I will wait for God’s best.
3. I may feel lonely at times but I know that I am never alone. God is just a prayer away and I have friends and family who love me.
4. Because I am HIS, He supplies all my needs and the needs of my children.
5. I am WHOLE through the finished work on the cross and the love of Christ
6. I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus to do good works
7. I am wanted, desired, and worthy of LOVE.
Repeat as many times as you need to.
You are blessed!
One of the number one questions I get asked is "Tanika how do I know when I am ready for a relationship?" A very good way to know if you are is to be aware of the reasons you may not be ready.
In the video below I explain what some of these reasons could be.
FOUR MORE REASONS
2. Lord, teach me how to love you with my whole heart. (Matthew 22:37)
When you decide to serve God with your whole heart your commitment to please Him remains unchanged even after meeting someone. Ask God to show you where you can be more committed to Him.
For Your Future Relationship
I finally found a Christian mom and tots group that my daughter and I both like. It has become one of our favourite places to be on a Wednesday morning. Though it is much further than I would have liked, seeing my daughters smile once we get there makes the temporary inconvenience well worth it.
Sometimes you got to go the distance for what you want, especially when the positives outweigh the negatives.
What do you think are the positives for waiting for the right person?
Well in case you’re at a place where you’re finding it hard to see what they might be, I share a few in this blog to help you out.
1. Waiting can prevent you from having to start over again.
Let me explain …in most cases starting over is a good thing however, in this case, starting over again because you’ve entered the wrong relationship, one that could have been prevented, is the starting over you want to avoid.
You know….the reality is…. you may have to say a few no’s before you say yes but at least then you would have not built memories or unhealthy soul-ties with other men.
2. Waiting can save you money
Ladies, you don’t have to buy your way into a man’s heart. If he’s not into you and just into your money, HONEY you just met Mr. SO WRONG. Use that money to invest in yourself..i.e the book Single Ready and Waiting: Your Guide to Courtship. God wants to prepare you for what you’ve been praying for.
3. Waiting increases your worth and value
Like wine you may not come out very often, but you are well preserved. You know that your body is the temple of God so you’re doing whatever it takes to stay pure for your future mate. This ladies…. is a beautiful thing. When after waiting you finally meet your Mr. Right…. you will look up and thank God YOU WAITED.
I hope these few reasons has helped you to begin thinking about even more benefits to waiting.
Your Guide to Courtship